We value the privacy of your personal information
SOMF has formed this policy to express our commitment to privacy because information is an important part of our business and we understand how important it is for you to know what will happen to personal information you give us. We hope this statement will answer your questions about our information policies and security precautions.
1. Electronic Communications via Forms - For quality assurance and spam protection, messages sent through the forms in this site are monitored. We do not share or distribute any of the information passed to any parties other then the intended recipient.
2. Personal Information - You browse the SOMF web sites anonymously. There are two ways that we gather information about you. First, we do track which pages of our site you visit and note your IP address (as all web sites do automatically). Second, we collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner. This information is used for intended purpose only.
3. Security of Personal Data - SOMF is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We employ industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we collect. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the internet we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
4. Cookies - SOMF may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Your personal information cannot be collected via cookies.
5. Disclosure of Collected Data - Except as described in this statement, SOMF will not disclose personally identifying information about our customers to third parties without the express consent of our customers. We may share information regarding license verification, validation, and upgrade services to registered partners of SOMF. From time to time, SOMF, our authorized partners or contracted third parties may contact customers to gauge satisfaction with our products and/or services or to gather statements about SOMF or our products and services for marketing and promotional purposes (e.g., white papers, case studies, testimonials) on the SOMF website or other public-facing websites. Such statements will not be used without the customer's express consent. Financial transactions relating to our website and/or services are handled by our payment services providers. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and inquieries relating to such payments and refunds. In addition to the specific disclosures above, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obilgation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
6. International Transfers of Your Personal Data - SOMF is based in the United States and the datacenter used by SMOF for its website and services is also located in the United States. We do not have offices or subsidiaries in any other country nor do we contract with any companies that require the transfer of any collected information provided by you to any companies outside of the United States. The only international transfer of personal data is between you and SOMF. We cannot prevent the use (or misues) of such personal data by others.7. Newsletters - All of our newsletters include a discontinue option. If at any time you would like to stop receiving our newsletters, please use the Opt-Out option. Please do not mark the item as spam or report it as such, as it makes it more difficult to reach the users that are interested in receiving them. If you need to be removed from our newsletter list - contact us.
If you have any questions or need more information, please feel free to contact our office. To learn more about privacy, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has created a reference page on Internet privacy.
Support our Foundation
- Purchase a Plaque
- Become a Major Contributor
- Make a Donation
- Stay in Touch & Spread the News
- Have an Event
This memorial is dedicated to and pays tribute to those men and women who have made the supreme sacrifice in service to their nation.
It is also dedicated to the quiet professionals of yesterday, today, and tomorrow who, as part of a legendary community of uncommenly skilled and uniquely trained ground, air and maritime forces and civilians, stand ready to meet the challenges faced by our nation.